Being a mum is not easy, it’s a full time job. People assumed that because you have had a baby you know what to do, how to do it perfectly and be a super mum, but babies don’t come with their own manuals. For most it can be overwhelming trying to decide whose advice to take. This is particularly true when it comes to baby sleeping routines.
There’s never a wrong way to care for your baby, as long as it is safe.
So what’s the single most important tip for coping with a baby? We believe it’s all about a good old fashioned “routine”.
5 top tips for setting a successful sleeping routine for your baby
1. Teach your baby to self-settle and get used to their surrounding
2. Encourage good nap times so your baby isn’t overtired
3. Wake your baby for regular feeds during the day.
4. Avoid napping past 5pm for a 7pm bedtime.
5. Have a calm bedtime at the same time each evening.
Image credit – Diary of a Pickle
By Maria Khan