Saliha Mahmood-Ahmed is a British cook and winner of the BBC’s MasterChef competition in 2017. You probably remember her amazing final dishes created for John Torode and Gregg Wallace which included her Venison Shami Kebab with cashew and coriander green chutney, chana daal and a juicy kachumber salad. With that kick starter, her main included a Kashmiri style sous-vide duck breast, with crispy duck skin, freekah wheatgrain, spiced with dried barberries, walnuts and coriander, a cherry chutney and a duck and cherry sauce.
Try her delicious Persian Salad Olivieh today!
- 5 tablespoons Hellmann’s Real Squeezy Mayonnaise*
- 3 spring onions
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 2 boiled eggs
- 200g halal chicken breast, cooked
- 2 gherkins
- 1 carrot
- 150g frozen peas
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Salt, to taste *suitable for Vegetarians. Not certified Halal.
- Slice the spring onions into rounds and place them in a large bowl. Peel the potato and slice it into small cubes. Roughly chop the two eggs into small pieces. Shred the halal chicken breast finely. Slice the gherkins into thin slices. Place the potato, eggs, halal chicken and gherkins in the bowl along with the spring onions.
- Peel the carrot and slice it into 1cm cubes. Boil the carrots in salted water for 5 minutes and then add the peas. Boil for a further 4 minutes until the peas have cooked through. Drain the carrots and peas and allow them to cool.
- In a separate bowl, combine the Hellmann’s Real Squeezy Mayonnaise, lemon juice, white pepper and season with salt to taste.
- To assemble the salad, combine the carrots and peas with the remainder of the ingredients you have already prepared. Pour over the Hellmann’s mayo dressing and mix everything together really well. Allow to rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavours to develop.
By Saliha Mahmood-Ahmed